What size speakers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mr98z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Does anybody know what is the deepest speaker that one can install in the stock 6.5" front speaker location without hitting the window?

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm not sure exactly but Crutchfield says that the Sony XS-GS1720S will fit, and they have a top mount depth of 2 9/16". You may be able to go a little bigger than that but those Sonys are the biggest ones I could find after looking around for 10 minutes or so.

ScottyP2448

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

If you ever go for a subwoofer setup I recommend the downfiring box and 2 Pioneer Champion Series 12s (1400 Watt Max, 4 Ohm) and a Pioneer GM-D9601 Amp (2400 Watt Max, 1 Ohm Stable) with a Box From Half Price Audio on Ebay. I only spend 89.95 on my Box. The tunes come from a Pionner DEH-X7500HD. I had to make a few stops to mount on the corner of the box to pick the sub lips up off the ground because they were so big, It sounds amazing!!!

bowtie-till-i-die

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hit up" car audio closeout.com" decent prices. Then when you find something you want online ALWAYS check amazons prices.
I have rockford 400.4 pushing my 6.5 rockford component door speakers (98 with power doors, yes tweets fit in stock local thanks to the dremil) and my 4x6 coaxial in the Bpillar. Got a sony 1300 wat amp pushing my 2 p3shallow 10s in a custom box with a rockford 1 farad cap. I'mdoing big 3 mod this weeekend, that should help give me a lil more umph. I listen to breaking benjamins, nickleback, stuff like that. And a lot of country. The 10s are more crisp and don't resignate like a 12s (4 8in subs would be bad ass) and my doors are loud as crap, I know just enough to get me in trouble. Google what you want to know, save the pages and study up on them, and you don't have to spend a ton.