What kind of drunken idiot orders $130 spark plug wires online? Uh, that would be me.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

94burb

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
To be quite honest, I have done dumber things with my money while drinking, but I also spent my 20's working on 6th street in Austin, Texas. I still can't believe that I spent that much on spark plug wires, but let me also state that I have no children so my irresponsible use of money only hurts me, not anyone else.

That being said, I installed the Taylor 10mm Thunder Volt 50 98081. I know. You have a bridge to sell me.

My Suburban idles better than it has ever idled. It's insane. I had always used the 7mm AC Delco wires and I just assumed that the bounce in my tach was just the tach getting old and failing. Now the tach just sits there perfectly still while it idles. Amazing.

Could I have gotten the same results with cheaper wires? Probably. Am I somewhat embarrassed that while drinking I ordered a set of wires that cost that much? Of course. Am I in love with the smooth idle on my Burb? Yes, it is almost as intoxicating as the beer that i consumed before ordering the wires.

I hope that my wires last a long time and make my Burb do amazing things, but if in the end I just look like a fool that's fine too. Been that many times. At least this time I'll be the fool sitting in a Suburban with an amazingly smooth idle. I was listening to George Jones and Willie Nelson's "Gotta get Drunk" song just before ordering. You know that line "spend my whole paycheck on some old wreck." That was going through my mind the whole time.

heavyjunk

Oh cool I can change this
Reaction score
:slap:

LMAO, as long as your happy and you got a good story to tell........ its all good.

Jorge6.5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How do the wires perform while driving? Any other changes?

Where did you order them from?

94burb

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I found them online, not sure where. I'll check and get back to you.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
My wife would punch me in the naughty parts for that..... :nutkick:

if I fessed up to how much they actually cost. :lol:

thunderstruck

Babuinos Móviles
Reaction score
Lmfao. I remember you posting you ordered those in another thread where several of us suggested Taylor wires. I was like "dude, I meant the $30 8mm ones." As long as you're happy lol.

Do those cause any radio interference?

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
Hey, what ever makes you happy! LOL! But it sounds like your truck is the beneficiary this time.