What is this?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aarong23

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Swapping out these old door speakers and was curious what this box is next to the speaker.

You must be registered for see images attach

Aarong23

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Exactly what it says: Speaker crossover network. Separates the lows from the highs and sends each to the respective speaker: lows to the 6.5, highs to a tweeter. All aftermarket, of course.
Thanks! Sorry for the dumb question.
I've swapped door speakers before, but this was the first time I've ever seen one of these. The Sony speakers were busted, so I guess it'll be fine just to hook the new Kenwoods up to it?

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
Should be fine. You're certain it's the speakers and not the crossover that went out?

Aarong23

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Should be fine. You're certain it's the speakers and not the crossover that went out?
I tested them today. The cross wave still appears to work. The speakers were definitely shot and the new kenwoods sound a 100x better. My OCD will probably lead to switching to Kenwood tweeters and a better crossover. I never particularly cared for Sony Xplod stuff.