What is this in my engine bay?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TigerEyz3

Reaction score
I've had great performance from my X2 Power battery (made by Deka). They're a bit more expensive than some others (~$300), but I've learned that you usually get what you pay for when it comes to battery quality.

I've had Optima red tops in the past... they were decent, but the side-posts typically shorted.
The X2 Power has more power available in my experience than the Optima of the same category.

Before the X2 Power, I had an Odyssey that was granted as a warranty replacement for the last Optima that I had (retailer didn't have the needed Optima in stock). Once the Odyssey failed (several years later, no more warranty replacement), I purchased/installed the X2 Power and as stated above, have been very happy with it.

Last edited:

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sure look like that wire is zip tied off and loops around down into the grommet below to inside. Dig a little deeper. That fuse at the terminal is usually the style that is supplied with a brake controller. 20A fuse? I Would figure out why you're cooking batteries before tossing another in. Maybe the voltage regulator isn't working.

mistaake

Reaction score
Super Start Platinum from O'Reilly, it's an AGM battery and not made by Johnson Controls, and is competitively priced. Just make sure you get a reasonably fresh one, as we don't sell that many of them. Don't get an Optima, they are unreliable and overpriced garbage.

jw_96

96 K1500
Reaction score
Sure look like that wire is zip tied off and loops around down into the grommet below to inside. Dig a little deeper. That fuse at the terminal is usually the style that is supplied with a brake controller. 20A fuse? I Would figure out why you're cooking batteries before tossing another in. Maybe the voltage regulator isn't working.
Actually was 30 amp also that was the battery that came with truck when I bought it. It was not new by any means. I filled it with water when I got it and it overflowed. Cleaned with baking soda and called it good noticed some leak today and decided to pull battery. Poured Coke on Battey tray to get rid of acid (it works). Still gotta get new fuse, gonna pick one up tomorrow morning also gonna look for a setup similar to what there is in some wiring diagrams I have. My dad has a battery tester so will test battery. Will update after

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Boyd McDuffy

Reaction score
Hi JW. I can see where they zip tied it just to the right of the wiper control. I can't see where it terminates. It looks like a power supply to something and it's obviously not stock. Don't think it has anything to do with the cruise control. My best guess is they had an amplifier. See if the other end of that wire shows up under the seats. Happy fourth everyone.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
anything you get from the parts store is gonna be johnson controls, penn and johnson have a dividing line in walmarts, other places like tractor supply and such carry someone else, same manfacturer as deka. theres only 3 leading battery manufacturers overall.

jollyjerry

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Interstate battery from Costco for me. Competitive price, solid warranty, no hassle-returns.

Heh, my tray looks like that too. Thought about picking one up from the junkyard, but got distracted and found an underhood storage box instead.

jw_96

96 K1500
Reaction score
Interstate battery from Costco for me. Competitive price, solid warranty, no hassle-returns.

Heh, my tray looks like that too. Thought about picking one up from the junkyard, but got distracted and found an underhood storage box instead.
Mine came with an underhood storage box

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk