what is the stock layout for 95 k2500 sub 4x4?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Btw i failed to mention even though he didnt look at the cat setup...they failed me for a 2 inch hose with a tiny hole...i fixed it 20 min later tested again an passed...cat and all

Mangonesailor

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
For clarification: not ridiculous. Incorrect for his application, but not incorrect in general. There are more than a few factory setups with the cat behind the muffler. Don't ask me why; I don't know. But it exists, and I've seen it. A GMT400 example: my 1995 3500HD had stock exhaust and the muffler is ahead of the cat. This is also on a manual-trans equipped truck with a one-wire (non-heated) O2 sensor. Of course, emissions standards are more lax on higher GVWR vehicles, at least back then, so go figure.*

Back to OP's truck, cat comes before the muffler in THAT application. Your stock exhaust (some of which sounds like it's still intact) is each manifold connects to a Y-pipe, Y-pipe has a cat bolted to it at a flange, and the muffler is behind the cat.

* Sidebar interesting story; a 3500HD although being 15,000 lb GVWR is listed on the title as "1 ton" so they tested it against 1 ton standards - 10,000 lb GVWR shown on the test sheet. It passed beautifully, especially for a 281K mile TBI 454 with what appeared to be the original cat on it.

Richard

I swear I learn something new every day on here.

Yesterday I learned that you can skin a chicken, you don't have to pluck it.

Today, this.