What is it? 3/8" impact, unknown origin...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Found this in the back of my service truck last week. Asked the old guy that ran the truck for years if it was his, and after getting a negative from anybody else, cleaned it up and took it home. The vanes aren't in the best of shape, and it's missing a plug on the air inlet, but serviceable otherwise. I just need to know who built it to run down rebuild parts. Any help would be appreciated.

Pics:

You must be registered for see images attach

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it's definitely different. The only non butterfly 3/8 hand impact I've found is a cheapo unit, and this one doesn't look or feel cheap, so I'm guessing it's old. May be able to use parts from the cheapo's to make it work.

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
My dad had one just like that when I was a kid just can't remember the brand

Sent from my 6.0 powered android

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks like an L at the end so I would guess a Campbell maybe or a Ingersol

WFO4X4

Banned
Reaction score
Found this in the back of my service truck last week. Asked the old guy that ran the truck for years if it was his, and after getting a negative from anybody else, cleaned it up and took it home. The vanes aren't in the best of shape, and it's missing a plug on the air inlet, but serviceable otherwise. I just need to know who built it to run down rebuild parts. Any help would be appreciated.

Pics:

looks like an old ingersol i had..... that's what i'd guess. it's built like one anyway. maybe take it to harborfreight and ask them.

EDIT:
looks almost identical to a cambell hausfeld logo.... or whats left of it anyway. check that.

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
well IMO not worth the hassle to get fixed if it doesnt work. my dad has afew kinda like that i remember as a kid but they suck. they just hurt your wrists. main reason why they dont make them anymore.LOL and i hate butterfly units cause the triggers are so easily hit by accident! another huge downfall with them!

rhino

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks like an Cornwell to me too.... They were popular in the 80's putting together transmissions, now everything has to be torqued though. Cool find though.