what is going on here? am not sure if control arms are bent or what is going on here

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stenny

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
ok so today i did my front shock and the control arm touches the top of he square where bump stop is. i need to raise front up about 2 inches for plowing because my truck drops when i put plow on. so i snapped a few pics to see what you all think and pics were taken while car was jacked up. also anyone have pics of how to install shock extenders. also does anyone know if they make a tool for taking torsion bars out mine are stuck i used unloading tool, i unbolted crossmember, i tried to beat it to get it off. i tried everything i just need a tool to get keys out and the get the torsion bar out of control arms. thank you

Last edited:

tequilatool

Reaction score
Same issue here, shock touching the upper control arm and mangled bump stop thingy. I just put new upper ball joints on with new shocks and stabilizer rods. Put it all back together and the camber is now off by a mile. So the wheels off again, gonna try n move the cams on the upper control arm to see if it makes it better.
However, before all this, the torsions bars were maxed out, no adjustment left on the bolts, front suspension was non existent. So now hopefully i'll have suspension that works, trying to adjust the cams right now, probably need alignment after all this. Pain in the ring!!
With the wheel off, the upper arm is jammed against the new shock so somethings definitely not quite right.