What Grille/Bumper Combo On My 97? Lets get some responses!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JScott23

8 Lug Expert
Reaction score
Okay so now that my crew cab is pretty much complete exterior wise i want to freshen up the 97.

Here's the crew cab, it's complete with the PY0's and Silverado Trim Pkg and whatnot. The motor is about toast but thats another project.

You must be registered for see images attach

Now with the 97 i want to freshen it up by throwing some parts at it to make it look just as good on the outside as the 94.. Now being a 2WD it's retained a lot of it's stock look and i'd really like to keep it that way.

Here's the truck now.

You must be registered for see images attach

Now i ditched the ugly flat black rockers... and went with the OE style red.

I want to switch up the front grille/bumper. Just don't know to what.

Here's my thoughts.

1. Stock Chrome Chevy Grille / Chrome GM Bumper.
- I like the gold emblem with the orange reflectors, i just dig the stock look.

2. Red GMC Grille, Billet Insert (No Logo) / Chrome GM Bumper
- I really don't want to swap all the logos to GMC
- I may elect to put a chrome or red bowtie in the middle of the GMC grille

And with the Rims....

1. Paint the stockers silver and leave it with a OE look.
2. Find another set of PY0's... the last set was $160 for all 4! Doubt i'll find another steal like that.
3. Find another set of Chrome or aluminum rims. (possibly ford alcoas from the 90's F250's.
4. Something Else.

I don't want to really color match everything because i'll have to paint the tow mirrors, tool box and bug guard which just won't look right on a stock height truck.

The crew cab is straight classy, but throughout it's transformation the 97 has kind of been ignored, it's time for both trucks to get looking good again! I don't want both trucks to look the EXACT same. Just similar. I would like both to retain their stock form, so lets here those thoughts!....Ideas?

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
PYOs or keep the black rims IMO. As for the grille/bumper, I like stock myself.

I'm sure you've posted somewhere before, and I know this is off topic, but why do you have two trucks so similar? Just curious.

JScott23

8 Lug Expert
Reaction score
Well idk.. lol for a while i wanted them to look like twins.. But i think now they need to look different. Alot of the similarities come from the fact that i just like a lot of the stock look to them.