What gives

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I tried to edit my avatar. I tried two different new pics and says is saved and then it now shows a big capital M. I tried to go back to old avatar and now, still shows a capital M. What gives?

I keep getting told the new pic is saved and "Submitted for Moderation".

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I tried to edit my avatar. I tried two different new pics and says is saved and then it now shows a big capital M. I tried to go back to old avatar and now, still shows a capital M. What gives?

I keep getting told the new pic is saved and "Submitted for Moderation".
Exactly that. A couple of years back @Shaggy wanted to make the site more family friendly so some coarse language and pics got removed. Since then things have been more heavily moderated and transgressors punished. There have been some complaints, but I think it's helped overall. There are plenty of places on the net we can all go for things not permitted here, and keeping them out fosters a good environment.

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
That explanation makes perfect sense except for one thing. When I joined and created my account and chose my avatar, it was immediately set up with no delay. That is the same avatar that I tried to change back to when I gave up on my other attempts. So, initially my avatar was ok and now it has to be "screened". I can live with that but it makes no sense to allow in the very beginning but now is screened for moderation.

Soooo, now I am going to try and set up the avatar that I was wanting to change to and I guess wait to see if a 1990 brown/gold K2500 passes muster.

It really would not be that big a deal if in the beginning it was done the same way. But it wasn't.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That explanation makes perfect sense except for one thing. When I joined and created my account and chose my avatar, it was immediately set up with no delay. That is the same avatar that I tried to change back to when I gave up on my other attempts. So, initially my avatar was ok and now it has to be "screened". I can live with that but it makes no sense to allow in the very beginning but now is screened for moderation.

Soooo, now I am going to try and set up the avatar that I was wanting to change to and I guess wait to see if a 1990 brown/gold K2500 passes muster.

It really would not be that big a deal if in the beginning it was done the same way. But it wasn't.
There's an algorithm I'm guessing. Sometimes stuff I post gets held up for moderation, other times not. No rhyme or reason I can find.

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Patience Grasshopper!
Got lots of patience but the initial explanation did not make sense to me and want to understand. I have now submitted the brown/gold truck pic.

There's an algorithm I'm guessing. Sometimes stuff I post gets held up for moderation, other times not. No rhyme or reason I can find.
Hell, I am good with it, as long as I understand it. Kind of like when I teched and ran shops for 35+ years. If I did not understand or something did not make sense, I ask questions. All good.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got lots of patience but the initial explanation did not make sense to me and want to understand. I have now submitted the brown/gold truck pic.

Hell, I am good with it, as long as I understand it. Kind of like when I teched and ran shops for 35+ years. If I did not understand or something did not make sense, I ask questions. All good.
I don't understand it completely, but that's the best explanation I got!
I'm like you, I want to know why...

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I'm totally guessing here, but a pattern I see with bots/spammers is they'll sign up and post a few simple "decoy" messages, then come back later and start editing to include their spam links. Whatever algorithm caught and momentarily inconvenienced you, may have been designed in some way to counter certain spam bot tactics. Who knows.

I see people get really upset on FB because they have old posts that get dinged for "community standards" issues and they believe someone reported them. This is especially troublesome for people that have their account privacy settings to "friends only" because then it appears that one of their FRIENDS reported them.. when in reality, FB has "AI" bots that scour the entire site and find things they "think" are offensive, and automatically ding you for.

This is the world we live in! Getting more complex every day. :(

Richard

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On another note;
Is anyone else getting this "Error code 520"? I'm getting it more and more often but, when I click on the link most of the time, it'll go through to the thread/post I wanted to go to in the first place. IDK if maybe my VPN is causing this but, it says "GMT400 Host Error" below!

You must be registered for see images attach