What front license plate does everyone run?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Just one more reason to love Oklahoma, no front plates.

You must be registered for see images attach
All the adjacent states are one plate states, but I guess a front tag violation is another thing the redneck cops can get the working stiffs and immigrants on....lotsa people don't run a front plate here even though we're supposed to.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No plate since I replaced the bumper and trim strip. Otherwise it looked ugly with the bare holes from the bracket.

Since I bought my Crossfire in CA, it had the mount already attached. They came with the bracket inside the cab, the dealership mounted it. So, since I had the bracket when we moved to AZ I got this "I'm not speeding" plate for it.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
We have to run plates front & rear here too.
Always disliked the factory front plate holder.
On my '97, the new molding came without holes. Just couldn't bring myself to cut holes in it just to put that ugly bracket back on.
So I trimmed it down, did some reshaping & mounted it to the bottom holes with a fabbed lower brace.
Should of trimmed it down even more 'cause it still looked kinda bulky.

On my '98 I have a frenched L/plate bumper.
Not a modded factory bumper.
Stamped steel. O/G 'Sir Michael's'.
Good luck finding one of those!

Last edited:

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I always find it interesting how plate laws vary from state to state. Front plates are required on everything here in MO, but one ton or larger trucks are not required to run a rear plate. I think the logic is that many of them will be pulling trailers frequently anyway. My dad's '06 3500 has never run a rear plate since it came off the lot.

AuroraGirl

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
wisconsin wants you to have front plates, and if you get pulled over twice for it the cops start to really target you because youre easy pickings. People will die on a hill to not use a front plate and the cops are happy to just keep writing violations. Its the law here, so I dont play around with it. Front plates are the exact same as the rear minus 2 stickers (a month sticker and a year sticker)

Just one of those minus the stickers in the corners