What engine mounts???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Clutch1819

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a 90 c1500 that originally had a 4.3 tbi. Putting a carbed 350 in it. Changed the mounts on the frame. Had a set of clam shell brackets laying around and decided to use those. Problem is...only 1 side will line up. Cant find a set for that year truck locally. Anybody know of something after market? Not having any luck finding them. Found plenty for cars, but those wont work.

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score
I could be wrong, but I thought swapping from a 4.3 to a v8 required welding in new mounts or crossmembers

Clutch1819

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not that im aware of. I had to drop the front coils to take the 4.3 mounts out and bought a set of mounts for a 350 for that year truck. Bolted right up. Im just trying to find the right brackets that bolt to the engine. Ive heard the same line up issue im having but in a 80s truck. Apparently the clam shell brackets for a car and truck are different. Hense the reason for the line up issue. Not really wanting to drop the front suspension again to go a different route. From what i have looked up, any 88-up 350 truck brackets will work, just having a problem finding some.