What do you think?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slippy3002

Master Machinist
Reaction score
Thank you sirs. Thought it it was just a over glorified crank. Maybe the could have turned the hex in the keys to help with extra lift, but I guess it would still be hard on the angles going to high. Crank and block it is fellas. Gonna have to start a build thread soon.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Now I think if you swap in 2500 TBs then you can crank more than your stock bars and have a better ride :shrug: Charles.... chime in here...

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
Now I think if you swap in 2500 TBs then you can crank more than your stock bars and have a better ride :shrug: Charles.... chime in here...

2500 TB's are stronger, can handle more weight and will last longer without warpage. Might be able to crank more, but not worth it- anything past 2" is just going to be harder on your front end.

Good upgrade, but not just for cranking more. :)

CrustyJunker

Is STILL Here?
Reaction score
Easiest way to check for maximum height if you wanna crank is using a tape measure and a jack. Jack up the truck until you start to feel pressure (tires on the ground at all times of course). You want to be under that pressure point to maintain your stock-like ride.

I cranked my first truck about 2.5". Looked cool, but I was preloading the torsion bars into the stops. Rode terrible, and my front end parts were not happy. Second time around, measured my Tahoe and got about 1.5". Had the wheels aligned, and rides EXCELLENT! Amazing how much difference an inch or a half inch can make sometimes.

MSCustoms

Its not just a Truck
Reaction score
2500 TB's are stronger, can handle more weight and will last longer without warpage. Might be able to crank more, but not worth it- anything past 2" is just going to be harder on your front end.

Good upgrade, but not just for cranking more. :)

I think kyle said he didnt get anymore lift with the 2500 torsion bars but he also has the massive front bumper

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If your stock 1500 bars are not weak you can crank it to the droop stops. The 2500 bars won't go higher than that, nothing will. The 2500 bars will give more lift without burying the adjustment bolt but it's still crank an it's still going to ride like hell an eat front end parts for lunch....

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
If your stock 1500 bars are not weak you can crank it to the droop stops. The 2500 bars won't go higher than that, nothing will. The 2500 bars will give more lift without burying the adjustment bolt but it's still crank an it's still going to ride like hell an eat front end parts for lunch....

same thing I said, haha

you can crank 1500 bars past 2" but still bad idea