What do you think about this grill design?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99'Subourbon

Longroof NOOA Member
Reaction score
IMO The curved lines don't fit. Our trucks are very square, with hardliners. That said, I do like the concept. Maybe if the radiuses were sharper on the angles?

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
Not liking it myself. But if the upper corners of the top grille and the lower corners of the lower grille were radiused, I think it would give it that GMC look.

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
It looks like that because it is a gmc grill somebody fabbed up by looking at it, not digging it at all

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
I saw it on a craigslist add, I dont really think it looks that good just thought i would share it because I had never seen this design before.

Dr.Zoom

Hi Tech Redneck
Reaction score
I don't like it. I think it would have a chance of me liking it if the bottom opening looked the same as the top.

I'd like a stock-ish style grille for my 96 that was less radius on the bottom corners to match the top like the 92-93 GMC but still set back in like the later ones. I don't get why they went with different radii from top to bottom on the later models, I guess just to give a different look than all the almost perfect rectangular boxes sitting on top of and beside each other flush with the front. I think they had the grille right on the 92-93 GMCs, but I do like the later headlights/signals better.

I've overthought my opinion on this for sure.

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
I don't like it. I think it would have a chance of me liking it if the bottom opening looked the same as the top.

I'd like a stock-ish style grille for my 96 that was less radius on the bottom corners to match the top like the 92-93 GMC but still set back in like the later ones. I don't get why they went with different radii from top to bottom on the later models, I guess just to give a different look than all the almost perfect rectangular boxes sitting on top of and beside each other flush with the front. I think they had the grille right on the 92-93 GMCs, but I do like the later headlights/signals better.

I've overthought my opinion on this for sure.

LOL I got ya....I couldn't agree more. If I was going to spend the time making a grill, I would just replicate the cat eye style.