What are you running?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Now they DO sound good, you could hear it trying to eject or it would eject the cd upwards in line with the opening, but they would all eventually start slipping when they'd go to push the cd out. At first they would come almost all the way out, then halfway, then finally just the edge of cd would appear in opening.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
lol was something on your hands that got on the cd and eventually into the player? That's odd as hell especially for pioneer...

ChevyBoy13

Reaction score
:hmm: sounds like something was going on there I mean the chances of that happening back to back is a little too odd isn't it? lol I've had all shapes and sizes of pioneer head units and they all were solid as could be, NEVER ever skipped and made my stock speakers sound like heaven.

I agree, i had a cheap Pioneer HU in my 06 Colorado W/T, it sounded awesome.

94K1500KBAR

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Alright I have looked and looked for this but all I find is crazy sound systems I cant afford to make haha
I have a 94 ecsb. I want to replace the dash speakers and the door speakers(didnt know i had any). When I got the truck my dash speakers worked... thats it. and now one blew out. So Im left with one speaker(passanger side dash). I dont want any amps or subs(yet) So what should I get that I can just swap into the factory dash and door mounts? I want to eventually put 6x9s in the rear and 2 10s under the rear seat. but for now i just want aftermarket-direct fit

rightisray

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Alright I have looked and looked for this but all I find is crazy sound systems I cant afford to make haha
I have a 94 ecsb. I want to replace the dash speakers and the door speakers(didnt know i had any). When I got the truck my dash speakers worked... thats it. and now one blew out. So Im left with one speaker(passanger side dash). I dont want any amps or subs(yet) So what should I get that I can just swap into the factory dash and door mounts? I want to eventually put 6x9s in the rear and 2 10s under the rear seat. but for now i just want aftermarket-direct fit
You don't have door speakers in your '94 (if you do they aren't factory). You have the two in the dash and then two on the rear pillars. 6X9s in the rear are possible, but the involve a lot of cutting of both metal and plastic. Better would be to get decent replacement 4x6 speakers from Alpine, Infinity or Polk and then a decent sub to fill in the low end. I'm running Alpine's 4x6 speakers all around and they produce great highs and mids.

rightisray

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What's your system like? Stock, conservative, mild or wild? Looking for opinions
(good & bad) of what you have found. Personally, I am looking to do 2 subs and 1 amp. I'm powering component speakers with my deck. Is this wrong? Better to run an amp for the components? :rocking:

I'm running all Alpine. I have 4x6s in the stock locations, no sub currently. They actually sound great in mids and highs, but as you can imagine there isn't much low. Not really worried about it either as I can still clearly hear the bass drums (only rock, harder rock and metal for me) clearly. Am thinking of a sub next spring, but even then it will only be one that will be tucked under the rear seat on the drivers side.
Here's what I have:
Alpine CDE-133BT head unit
Alpine SPS-406 speakers
Alpine KTP-445 inline amp for the speakers

P.S. Yes, you would definitely benefit from an amp on your component speakers.

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Even though mine is a '95 I'll shed some light. I got a Kicker KS series component set for the front doors (no speakers in the dash 95 and newer) and Kicker KS 4x6's for the rear. Be careful if you have 4x6's in the rear pillar that you sound proof with Dynamat or some other company or else you will have vibration. Should you do the install yourself be careful not to break the tabs on the plastics. Replace the speaker wire too because it will increase speaker performance and not to mention that the old wire is almost 19 years old.

rightisray also is correct, Alpine stuff is high quality. It's all based on preferance but I had an all Alpine system in my Nova but wanted to experiment with other brands. However, I run an Alpine head unit in my truck now.

rightisray

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
rightisray also is correct, Alpine stuff is high quality. It's all based on preferance but I had an all Alpine system in my Nova but wanted to experiment with other brands. However, I run an Alpine head unit in my truck now.

If Alpine continues to refuse to make a head unit here in the states that has selectable colors for the display, I won't be using them much longer... Can't stand that blue anymore and would love to have it green, like they used to be.

94K1500KBAR

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks all for the great ides(too bad i have to replace a manifold and y-pipe now so it will have to wait... i will just sing to myself till then)