What’s the best 4x6 speaker ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wh4t3v3rs

I got real bass!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't say anything about your accomplishments, only that I care not for putting my stuff in front of other people to have them tell me their opinion. A judge is a critic to me, paid for their opinion. People may follow that critic as they may share their opinions. Audio is very subjective, I might keep an opinion or suggestion in mind when making a purchase but ultimately I'd like to listen/experience for myself before I do.

Exactly. Not only is your home the easiest place to create a system with great fidelity, it's also the cheapest and most rewarding. I'm not going to spend over a thousand bucks on a car's system when it can be stolen, smashed or victim to some tragedy. One could argue a house is subject to the similar things, yet I'd counter home insurance is cheaper and tragedy less likely.
I was gonna respond.... had a big ol retaliation. This isn't what this forum is about. I disagree on some of it!! And I believe you're being kind of snobish!

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score
Well, I can't control how you feel or how you interpret what I wrote. Not my intention though. I responded to your comment here:
...I see people saying that home audio ruined car audio for them..... I say compare apples to apples!...
..as you were trying to undermine what I said about home audio vs car audio. What I said stands, this is me defending it.

Wh4t3v3rs

I got real bass!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, I can't control how you feel or how you interpret what I wrote. Not my intention though. I responded to your comment here:

..as you were trying to undermine what I said about home audio vs car audio. What I said stands, this is me defending it.
Never once did I speak bad on home audio, I strictly defended car audio against your digs with proof and experiences. No undermining on my part! From reading the thread, everything you do is golden, so why argue! Your home is better then any car audio! You old equipment blows away all the new equipment, even though you judge without actually listening.... then you try to push you judgement on to others...... like I said "snob"!

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Easy guys, no need for hostility or name calling. IMO you both made some very valid points in this thread. Home audio, car audio, boat/plane/hovercraft audio, whatever, we all like stuff that sounds good!

reservoir dog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've never heard a Kicker speaker that didn't irritate my ears, regardless of the level. Now, the last time I listened to a set was many moons ago. At that time I was pretty impressed with Pioneer's Basalt cone speaker series, whatever the F it was. If JBL still made their Power Series 4x6 Plate, I would recommend that. I have JBL Power Series in my Town Car and Fireturd, best bang for your buck around.
I gotta agree , I have Kickers in the dash and the sound bouncing off the windshield is brash for lack of a better word, the ones in the rear over the hatch are not so bad but I would go with an infinity , polk or pioneer next time , much more musical sound quality .