Well I'm finally doing it..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
I finally decided on a day to get my new pipes put on.

Getting the stock 2" pipes (with the major crack at the right bank, right at the o2 sensor) TAKEN RIGHT OFF, and in their place, getting true dual 2.25s, no more cats, ran back to v-foce flo pros on each pipe, dumped right between the box and the cab. Getting turn downs, put instead of pointing straight down, having the left bank turn down offset a little to the left, and the right bank turndown offset a little to the left.

So true duals 2.25", with dual dumped flo pros, no cats.

Going on a stock 5.7 vortec.

Is this going to be a monster at idle? Is it going to be Louder than true duals with cats, with pipes coming out the back?

Exhaust guy will do everything for me, he said it will take about 3 hrs, and will run about $300 and tax. Getting it done Tuesday around 9am. BUT OF COURSE, I'll be working all week 8am to 5pm, so I wont get to be there to hear them first, let alone drive it home...

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I finally decided on a day to get my new pipes put on.

Getting the stock 2" pipes (with the major crack at the right bank, right at the o2 sensor) TAKEN RIGHT OFF, and in their place, getting true dual 2.25s, no more cats, ran back to v-foce flo pros on each pipe, dumped right between the box and the cab. Getting turn downs, put instead of pointing straight down, having the left bank turn down offset a little to the left, and the right bank turndown offset a little to the left.

So true duals 2.25", with dual dumped flo pros, no cats.

Going on a stock 5.7 vortec.

Is this going to be a monster at idle? Is it going to be Louder than true duals with cats, with pipes coming out the back?

Exhaust guy will do everything for me, he said it will take about 3 hrs, and will run about $300 and tax. Getting it done Tuesday around 9am. BUT OF COURSE, I'll be working all week 8am to 5pm, so I wont get to be there to hear them first, let alone drive it home...

It's going to be a hell of a lot louder in the cab that's for sure! lol Your going to have quite a bit of interior resonance with a turn down set up that close to the cab. Now I'm not familliar with that muffler in particular, but with a free flowing set up your going to have, it will have a pretty mean exhaust tone. Personally I would recommend putting your exhaust exit aft of the rear axle, it will not really effect the exhaust tone/volume but will deffinatly quite it down in the cab quite a bit. But I'm a firm believer that exhaust should be exited to the outside of the body, but again that's my opinion. Your truck should wake up a bit in the higher RPM's, you may notice a slight increase in low end power but more then likely less then noticable. It's always fun putting new exhaust on and enjoying the new ROAR!! :cheers:

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
After a quick google of the muffler your going with, it appears to be a 3 chamber muffler. By the look of the interior design of it, it should have a nice deep tone without any resonators or cats restricting the flow! Good choice man!

darren250r

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would strongly consider moving the mufflers back about 2ft. Having them right under the cab like that is going to make your interior noise pretty bad. You might also consider no turn downs. Just nothing after the muffler sounds best to me. Good luck!

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
Why would you want it right at the cab like that? I know whenever I had my exhaust dumped right there in my extended cab it was horrible, in my crewcab it wasn't as bad but still pretty noticeable.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
X-over pipe, or an 'H' pipe will smooth out your idle, & give you noticebly more low-end torque. Seat of the pants noticeable!
If you idle @ 1000rpm (just to make calculations easy) that's 250 exhaust pulses per minute, 125 per side. The 'X' or 'H' wil even that out back to 250 per side. Their are other guys here that know more than I do, that can explain how this will actually make you MORE power than if the pipes are seperate.

Hezsus

Mr. Truck
Reaction score
I have your similar setup, but with lt's and i cut mine off under the box, running 2.25" pipes and a magnaflow 2.5" muffler 18" with a x-over built in. only thing i would change would be to add turndowns and keep more pipe after the muffler.
truck is very loud+loud in cab+loud at idle, cant even hear my toyo m/t's with this exhaust, idle is ok sounding, very low rumble, but it still puts a smile on my face every time a wot.
VID:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qK5yHlKxCPE
sry for the bad cameraship(?)

heres a better one inside the cab
http://youtu.be/a_dy3hvJ4uc

and this shows where i have ti dumped
http://youtu.be/eH1igEKKOfE

Last edited:

93SierraWT

Greater Made Chevy
Reaction score
I would strongly consider moving the mufflers back about 2ft. Having them right under the cab like that is going to make your interior noise pretty bad. You might also consider no turn downs. Just nothing after the muffler sounds best to me. Good luck!

I agree. Forget the turn downs.

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
Did you get this done Ryan? How did it come out?