Weird noise at 25-30 mph

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lugnut428

Reaction score
Hey -- need some help diagnosing....

When I get up to around 25-30mph I hear a noise that almost sounds like a tire noise (kinda like if I had an aggressive tread on pavement) --- if I go faster, it goes away...if I go slow, it's generally not there (but it does happen sometimes at slow speeds).

This just started happening all of the sudden. I've rotated the tires and got an alignment...tires are good (only about 20K on them) ... everything seems fine, but the noise is still there.

Wheel bearing maybe...?

Any thoughts?

BoominSVX

Reaction score
Bearing in the front Diff most likely. Check your CV axle boots and make sure they're not ripped. If they look good, it might be a hub bearing. You can check this by jacking the truck up by the A-arm and lifting the tire up and down the same way you check ball joints. If that looks good, check your CV axle boots for rips. If they look good as well, it may be a bearing in the front diff in which case you and I would be in the same boat.