Water pump question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If anyone is interested these guys are supposed to be good.
Here’s their Facebook page.
I think it’s about $120.00 a pump!

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
...anyone heard from Remy lately? Far as I know they're out-of-business although they did have legitimate parts sales for awhile.

BBB Industries acquired the Remy name, or at least the rights to use it, around the time Borg Warner bought Delco-Remy.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I seem to have forgotten that Remy was still using the "Delco" prefix.

So ACDelco, Delco-Remy, and Remy are separate companies, but they're all still in business.

And Borg-Warner bought Delco-Remy...but then Standard Motor Products bought BWD.

Let me guess: None of them MAKE anything, they source it all from China, Taiwan, India, and Korea.

AuroraGirl

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Far as I know, ACDelco makes NOTHING. They are a sales/branding organization with zero manufacturing facilities. Their entire product line is "bought in" from other suppliers and crammed into custom-printed boxes.

When ACDelco says their product is OEM, what they mean is that they're buying and re-boxing from the folks who actually make the product for GM.

The whole mess was a financial shell-game--companies being created and companies being spun-off of GM to raise cash. Some of those companies continued to supply GM, for example AAM took GM axle designs, and now sells that same product back to GM as a top-level supplier. AC and Delco-Remy merged, then split. ACDelco survived...anyone heard from Remy lately? Far as I know they're out-of-business although they did have legitimate parts sales for awhile. The function that AC, and Delco-Remy served in the GM heirarchy was somewhat replaced by Delphi, which does have some manufacturing capacity. Delphi marketed into the aftermarket, ACDelco markets into the aftermarket, and Remy marketed into the aftermarket. But I don't think ACDelco or Remy sold to GM. That was Delphi.

But I've been wrong before.

It's like keeping track of which parent company owns which consumer and which professional tool companies.
im pretty sure delco remy is almost exclusively medium duty truck stuff now. they had a hand in the abortion of an alternator in 2000 or whatever when cadillac had the coolant loop through it on the northstar.

Yeah that was great.

Delphi is to GM as Nippendoso is to Toyota.

Funny enough, Nippendoso alternators in the early 2000s were found on gm cars for a weird stretch in 2004-2006 ish
not sure if delphi had issues keeping up or what there.
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

they look like this, different from AD but the connector IS the same and the pin out is the same, I would almost wonder if it wasnt like another manufacture to fill a shortage that was being produced by delphi or something.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Delphi is to GM as Nippendoso is to Toyota.

I've often used that in reverse, to explain what Denso is. Denso split from Toyota back in the 50's.

As an aside, it's been officially Denso now for awhile. They dropped the Nippon is Japanese for "Japan".

I have a Denso fuel pump in my truck, and it works great.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nippondenso was also the go-to parts manufacturer for Nissan and Mazda when I was a tech. They're the AC-Delco of GM only if AC-Delco also supplied Chrysler and Ford. I think that ended when Renault bought out Nissan in the late '90s. Carlos Ghosn killed the last remnants of keiretsu.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Nippondenso was also the go-to parts manufacturer for Nissan and Mazda when I was a tech. They're the AC-Delco of GM only if AC-Delco also supplied Chrysler and Ford.

GM did supply the other automakers. Lots of GM engines, transmission, and smaller parts went into other companies vehicles. Delphi, was basically the conglomeration of the bulk of GM's parts business that hadn't already been spun off. Now GM makes very few parts.... large assemblies such as engines, and transmissions, and bodies.