Water leak from passenger side of engine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

a1989classic

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Recently bought an 89 k1500 5.7 and have been tuning it up here and there. I noticed that water is leaking from the hose connected to the passenger side of the engine bay. The other end of the hose connects to the radiator I will include a picture for reference.

It starts to leak water as when I start it and it runs for a sec. I say it's water because it definitely was not the red coolant color of the coolant in the truck. Any help will be appreciated thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_3755.jpeg
    IMG_3755.jpeg
    224.5 KB · Views: 10

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Based on your photo, it's not the HOSE that's leaking...it's the evaporator drain nipple next to it which is missing it's rubber "duckbill". Is that the hose-clamp on the hose partially blocking the view of the drain nipple?

So it really is "water" not "coolant" coming out.

Probably want to find another rubber "duckbill" to prevent leaves and insects from entering that drain nipple. You'll have to rotate the hose clamp to make room for the duckbill.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here’s the part Schurkey mentioned. Delco 15-33363 or GM Part ‎22542866.

You must be registered for see images attach