Want Bilstein shocks for Fabtech lift HELP!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Steve's Chevy

OBSLESS
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Steve's Chevy

OBSLESS
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well those wont work the front shocks are too short. But i searched all day and came up with this combo.

Front Fabcrap shock specs.
Ext 18.17
Col 11.17

Rear fabcrap shock specs.
Ext 28.5
Col 16.7

And i came up with this combo. According to Bilsteins website these are 5125's.

front shocks.
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/BSN-33-186504/

Rear shocks.
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/BSN-33-186559/

going to make my order tomorrow, anybody see anything i might have overlooked or missing before i order ?

thanks.

Last edited:

93$ilverado

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not a shock Guru, but I know those shocks are great had them on a lifted K5 I had and they come will all the bushings installed on the shocks so no need to put them together. You will really like them they ride great. Good luck with the install.

Steve's Chevy

OBSLESS
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are Fox shocks better then these Bilsteins ? ive been looking at them lately... Look kinda cool.. Im just not sure on the valving.

Anybody have any opinions of Fox ? This is for a street truck i live in the desert but do not take the truck offroad...

Tony_SS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I about ready to order from eshocks.com

the prices seem the best... no, i don't work there.. just seems like a better deal and they take Paypal..

Steve's Chevy

OBSLESS
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used them to get parts #'s and shock lenghts... and they are $8.00 cheaper than Summit. But ive been dealing with Summit for years and they usually have it on my door in two days, so im sticking with Summit..

But there website was a big help cause i could not find anything to cross reference fabtech to Bilstein so i just went by lenghts...

Steve's Chevy

OBSLESS
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well i didnt order my shocks yet and i guess thats a good thing.... I pulled one front shock out just to verify shock lenght and now i know why it rode so stiff. The shock you get with the kit is too short. they said its 18"s but i think im going to get some that are more like 20"s Atleast then i will have up and down travel and a smoother ride. I knew i should have checked this months ago...
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/BSN-24-185684/

I actually took off my 35's thinking it would help the ride..... Well now im going to go buy some 35's again....