88-98 2wd Spindle Lift FAQ Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
gotta question guys. i did my spindles then got aligned then put in the blocks like 2 weeks later will another alignemnt be in order? half the shops in town say yes and half say no i just cant tell if the ones saying yes are trying to get my money. i read that it could adjust castor but will it really affect tire wear?

No you do not need another alignment.

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
Puting blocks in the rear will change the caster slightly, but won't change tire wearing angles.

98c1500

Just lift it!
Reaction score
Do i really need a face spanner for the brake line? And i was just gonna take a hacksaw to the steering stop.

98c1500

Just lift it!
Reaction score
Hardly had any of the tools to put the lift on so i took it to a guy, apparently my brake line is being pulled all the way so i need to get another one for this lift and my pitman, idler arms and shocks are all toast. Though this guy didnt know about the steering stop having to be cut off, so could that somhow be stretching my flex line?

Maybe i didnt have any slack in there or somthin

Whipped96

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Lifting the truck will pull the rubber hose tight. I unbolted the bracket from the frame where the rubber hose meets the hard line and slightly bent the hard line to gain some slack. I ran like that for about four years until I finally bought some braided hoses.

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
Why exactly do you have to remove the steering stop?

Because the lift spindle moves the caliper down even with the steering stop so when you turn the wheel all the way the steering stop pushes against the caliper and it will not stop. the lift spindle has a new steering stop built onto it.