W/T to Composite Front End Pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Surrey

Reaction score
Is there any way to get the pics back up on this stickied thread? I'm gonna do the swap soon and wouldn't mind having the pics.
Thanks

onebidog

Reaction score
I am planning on doing the same, I wish the pictures would return also.

93SierraWT

Greater Made Chevy
Reaction score
There's really nothing to it. I have everything done on mine other than changing the bumper brackets as they have not arrived yet. If you can, find a junked truck with the front end that you want and remove it yourself. Installation is just reverse of removal. I did everything minus the brackets in under an hour.

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes, the W/T to Composite swap is very straight forward. The W/T grille is easily removed, then you simply swap on the composite style headlight mounting brackets, convert the H4 style headlight plug to 9005 & 9006 headlight plugs, and bolt on the new composite grille. You may also need to change bumper brackets, and the filler pieces depending on the year. Just post questions if any of ya'll are having trouble, and I'm sure one of us will gladly assist!

Surrey

Reaction score
My truck is a 97 will I need the bumper brackets or anything else not mentioned?

Surrey

Reaction score
The wiring instructions seems strange to me as well. I have 4 wires going to my headlight one being the ground. Are both wires on my new pigtail the same or will it matter which one I connect to?

Surrey

Reaction score
"On mine there were three wires green(high beams) , yellow (low beams) , and black (ground will put both connectors to one ground) I first soldered my connections then used butt style crimp connectors after that I used heat shrink tubing and finally I wrapped them up with electrical tape I also did the same thing for the new corner light connectors that were needed I spliced those into the parking/turn signal lights using the brown and blue wires that are on the original fixtures. "

What does he mean by ground will put both connectors to one ground? Do i not need to hook up a seperate ground wire to the other pigtail? Does it matter which lead i hook up the green wire to?
Thanks in advance

LiftedGmc355

207 Stepside
Reaction score
My truck is a 97 will I need the bumper brackets or anything else not mentioned?
you should be all set, how ever if u want to do custome headlights or a grille nows the best time to do it, since ur already gonna have it apart!