Vortec engine question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bombader

Reaction score
TPI cost more than truck induction systems, I had a T/A with TPI I was highly considering putting Vortec heads and the Scoggin Dicky intake on but Commiefornia doesn't approve, so I never did, but the Vortecs were supposed to be about a 40hp upgrade for a TPI engine from what I gathered.

Reaction score
If its a 98 then you already have a roller cam and port injection, why make it complicated? Go with a marine intake and cam or nothing.

Kmac

Reaction score
If its a 98 then you already have a roller cam and port injection, why make it complicated? Go with a marine intake and cam or nothing.
Not trying to complicate, i was just looking for some ideas as to why GM created a new induction system for the vortec engine and didnt use the tpi style. I always thought the TPI induction was a good system, the CSFI system had issue from the start, but all the TPI bugs were worked out around 96. Just a brain storming question. Thanks for the feedback.

Project400

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Depends on the owner and what they are doing. A vortec intake is a decent setup especially when the poppetts/spider are swapped for the mpfi replacement.

On a tbi the TPI would be a really good swap.

I'm all for keeping things as simple as possible though

ccreddell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes, a 411 PCM requires tuning-but so does any other computer that is running a motor that isnt stock. The black box PCM that you have now is not really supported by anyone, and is hard to do much with. The 411 has tons of support and is easy to program.