Vortec accessories on tbi

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dusterbd13

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So, how was the ac difference? Worth the hassle? Another benefit appears to be that it will make headers easier.

Also, im trying to find all the studs i can. Decided that i will go the 1/4 spacer behind the aluminum route, as that seems like the cleanest and simplest solution.

Lastly, ill be upgrading the alternator to the ls style. Have a powermaster from Dallas's suburban he left here....

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As far as I can tell, it made no difference for the A/C, alternator, or headers. My A/C compressor is still seized up, the alternator charges like a champ, and I had no insurmountable issues installing the headers.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So, how was the ac difference? Worth the hassle? Another benefit appears to be that it will make headers easier.

Also, im trying to find all the studs i can. Decided that i will go the 1/4 spacer behind the aluminum route, as that seems like the cleanest and simplest solution.

Lastly, ill be upgrading the alternator to the ls style. Have a powermaster from Dallas's suburban he left here....

The a/c will be best if you replace the factory problem and leak prone HT6 with a bolt-on style Sanden. The Sanden has more pistons and gave me better a/c in my Express van with dual units. It is a much smoother and quieter unit than the R4 and works better while drawing less power. I also ran a Valeo style replacement for nearly 10 years that worked extremely well. It knocked the last 2 seasonsI ran it but was still cold. While I had the a/c system apart for the 383 swap, I redid the a/c system and replaced the Valeo with the Sanden.

DamHoodlum

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Cool, I wont need it for a little while anyway

Looks like I let the smoke out of my engine last week

I have some other things I want to do before swapping my new motor in

Just let me know

Thanks

dusterbd13

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Cool, I wont need it for a little while anyway

Looks like I let the smoke out of my engine last week

I have some other things I want to do before swapping my new motor in

Just let me know

Thanks

And im up outside Charlotte NC. So, should save nicely on shipping!