vortec 350 aftermarket intake and water bypass

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NovaSS

Reaction score
I have my hd vortec 350 sitting out in the shop I was wanting to put the intake on and prime the oil so i can turn the engine over until im ready to install it in the car.

I ordered the metal ms 98000t felpro fix it gasket. I also have edelbrock rpm intake. the instructions say to use the paper gasket but heard of to many failures with that gasket. instructions for the intake also say to use silicone around the water ports and i think the bolts also. I was just wondering what you did.

As for the water bypass im using the pulley setup and clutch fan from 92 gmc 350. I was wondering if there is a water pump with two water out lets so i can run heater and the water bypass?

This is the intake gasket i got
You must be registered for see images

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gaskets will seal fine without silicone, as they are designed to do so. I don't remember if the intake bolt holes are blind tapped or through holes on Vortecs, but on older SBC heads you would get some engine oil wicking up around the center bolts if you didn't apply a touch of silicone or thread sealant to the bolt threads. Never had this issue on a Vortec so I wouldn't be concerned with it. Be sure to use the proper bolts and torque them in sequence, to spec. Not sure about the pump.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk