Void Box Delete?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Greg

Über Mod
Supporting Member
Reaction score
throttle body spacer is another cheap way to make a lil difference too, and if you like the whistle it seems to add to it alot.

TBS does nothing for performance, just adds the whistle. It is a more expensive version of the VB delete.

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i couldnt tell a performance difference from stock because it went on when the 355 went it lol. along with a CIA and void box delete, obviously with the smaller chambered 305 heads on a fresh 355 there was a major difference from the stock 305 so i couldnt tell you if that added to the change. but its said to improve throttle response and gas milage...but so do "gas tank pills" so who really knows lol. i like the sound of everything put together at the very least!

Greg

Über Mod
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ok. but putting a TB spacer on a stock vortec or even TBI 350 wont do anything except make it louder for a decent price.

Reaction score
How did you clean it and what did you use?

Don't touch the inside!
I used CRC Mass Airflow Sensor Cleaner. Its in an aerosol can. Instructions are on the can, but basically:

Take the MAF off and spray it all several times. Spray the honeycomb, the small wires inside, and the connectors and let it dry out (it dries pretty quick). My MAF assembly was all kinda dirty. And I even sprayed out the inside of the intake tube. where the void box connected too.
If you have a K&N or other oiled filter you probably want to clean the MAF a little more often.

Reaction score
Yeah. I think CRC makes one thats just an electrical cleaner. They were like right next to each other at NAPA and like the same price... I compared the active chemicals and there were different chemicals. But I read on another forum that a guy used the CRC electrical contact cleaner and it worked fine...

jshawag12

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
where exactly is the MAF sensor? is it hard to get to or is it a quick easy job? even for an amateur?