VIN for 5.7 and 5 speed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Poolman76

Reaction score
Hey. I’m looking for a VIN for any 98-99 with 5.7 and 5 speed. I need it to program a PCM we did a 4.3 to 5.7 swap into. I’ve tried HP Tuners and it isn’t working in terms of the PCM still thinking it has an auto trans. I have VINs for V8 trucks, but it acts as if the fuel cuts out around 1500-2000 RPM with the clutch pushed in, even slightly. It’s like the PCM is isn’t liking the load and cuts out the fuel. I’ve narrowed it down to programming at this point. If not comfortable posting it on here, we can work something out in private messages.

Thanks

Poolman76

Reaction score
Added note: truck was a 4.3 with 5 speed. Did not run like this with V6 programming, but was missing 2 injector firings.

xXxPARAGONxXx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey. I’m looking for a VIN for any 98-99 with 5.7 and 5 speed. I need it to program a PCM we did a 4.3 to 5.7 swap into. I’ve tried HP Tuners and it isn’t working in terms of the PCM still thinking it has an auto trans. I have VINs for V8 trucks, but it acts as if the fuel cuts out around 1500-2000 RPM with the clutch pushed in, even slightly. It’s like the PCM is isn’t liking the load and cuts out the fuel. I’ve narrowed it down to programming at this point. If not comfortable posting it on here, we can work something out in private messages.

Thanks
1GCEK14R0WZ230303

Poolman76

Reaction score
So far, it worked. Still need to test drive, but it’s reacting like it should.

Anyone else doing this swap, you will need a PCM programmed with a manual trans. The clutch signal, when pressed, sends a signal the PCM doesn’t know what to do with and isn’t expecting.

Thanks to xXxPARAGONxXx for the help. Hope this thread helps others that were in the same position I was in.