Vervepipes' crew cab

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vervepipes

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Working on the box, mostly done what isn't going to be covered in bed liner. Unfortunately behind the tail lights is pretty rotten and it's a matter of time until it breaks apart back there. I give it a few years, I figure I'll get a flatbed or something when that happens.

vervepipes

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
As a side note on the project, I just picked up a parts truck. It's an 88, so not much will interchange, but the front sheet metal looks like it may be in better shape than mine. Everything else will be stripped and sold off. The bed and rear frame will become a trailer.

vervepipes

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Test fit of the gooseneck. I'm going to trim the edges that stick out past the frame with a plasma cutter, paint the frame and hitch and cover the top with aluminum diamond plate. With no bed, it leaves repairs a lot easier, the wheels will be tucked into some 34"x10" polished aluminum trailer fenders. Hopefully I get enough from the bed and a scrap car of mine to buy some steel to build a headache rack to house the soon to come amber LED flashers. So much left to do, but I'm limited by waiting to find a decent driver's side door to do the paint job.

vervepipes

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Picked up a stainless steel Magnaflow exhaust at PNP this weekend among other things. 2 pipes in, one out, since the truck's a 1 ton it has twin cats from the factory, so I saw no need to do anything else to the exhaust. The size of the pipes from the 1/2 ton (it was configured single in, dual out) was exactly the right size to slip into the factory pipes, although I had to use a ratchet strap to bring my pipes closer together. I'm not exactly sure of the outlet size, looks to be 2.75 or 3 inch. I wire wheeled the muffler to bring it's shine back and welded it in, it sounds beautiful. Nice mellow sound and not obnoxious, in fact, from inside the cab I can't even hear any drone from my parked testing. Gotta get to work, pics of the setup tomorrow morning!

vervepipes

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My old box is going on this truck's frame and will be a trailer matching the truck. I'm parting out everything to make some scratch for the channel steel I need for my back bumper and lights, the U-Haul was paid for with a saturn that I also got for free, and turned into a recycler for a measly 50 bucks, but it basically paid for the trailer rental. By the way, a regular cab long box JUST fits onto one of these trailers. I used my back bumper to push the truck onto it.

blue_92_sierra

Aftermath
Reaction score
Damn i want an obs crewcab!

Read in one of your older posts your from the edmonton area? Nice to see another albertan around on here!

vervepipes

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Cold Lake actually, 3 hours north east from Edmonton, almost on the Sask border. I go to Edmonton for all my needs though because things are more expensive here and there are very few salvage yards.