Valley of the sun... Hi from AZ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AZSven

Reaction score
Hey guys... and possibly girls..

My name is Sven.. single dad.. and a tinker-er.. got a 97 silverado obs.. shortbed vortec 5.7.. named her Sally.. awesome smooth truck.. project truck.. have a few plans.. and a few questions.

what i have done so far;
demolded all the trim around the truck
roll pan in rear colour matched
bed liner sprayed
painted front grill and bumper (might be going a different route though)
2 inch drop shackles
cowl hood colour match
new set of eagle chrome rims.. 15x8 just need tires for em

my plans.. whew this could get long.. still debating on laying frame.. or just a good static.. have a few friends that are bagged but they have the carb engine so less in the engine bay to relocate.. so I am most likely just going with a 5/8 drop its smooth and simple.. for now.. will be doing it here in the next few weeks with luck.

found a few hiccups.. passenger side seat railing doesnt move.. latch doesnt do anything, i found a wire and an L shaped bracket that can more forward and back, im going to remove the seat and tinker with it.. but if anyone has a pic or diagram of it completed i can use as a reference that would be great.
also my engine light keeps coming on.. "random misfire" i have replaced the cap rotor wires and plugs.. all gapped to .60 or .060 i forgot which.. and still have random misfires in cyl 5-6-7.. doesnt happen all the time but enough to be annoying.. drove with a fuel pressure gauge and it maintains well. any idea? i do not have an egr (pretty sure i dont) and my brother said something about spyder injectors.. (thats a new one to me) other than that its just small fixes here and there..

she is my cruiser and hopefully one day good looking enough to take it to a show lol..
the muddy Xterra is "Lacy" my prerunner mid travel daily driver lol..

can I post pix yet?
You must be registered for see images attach

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Welcome aboard man! Truck looks clean! spark plug gap is .060 for the vortec. there's no post limit or anything here for pictures, just upload them to an image hosting site (I prefer www.imgur.com) then you copy the BBCode (for forums) link into the reply box. :waytogo:

AZSven

Reaction score
thanks!.. I knew the gapping was one of those 2 options.. just heard about this forum for a friend marcos I think he is on here..

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
This is a great forum to be on. What's his name here?

EDIT: Marcos sounds familiar. Is that his name on here?

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
do you have pictures of the eagle rims?

AZSven

Reaction score
hey is on here just found his truck.. on page 2 of the members trucks.. his name on here is marcos .. go figure haha

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
ah yeah I remember seeing his truck. I knew the name sounded familiar but I didn't know if Marcos was his name here or his actual name... or both haha

AZSven

Reaction score

nothing special yet.. but will look good IMO when she is lowered

not bad for $100 total huh? lol

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score

nothing special yet.. but will look good IMO when she is lowered