Vacuum Lines (where to get them?)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hefftone

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hello all,
I picked up a 1990 C1500 RCSB 5.7L in January...Towed it home 300 from Florida to Georgia. I bought it from my brother, who pretty much let this former example of a nice truck deteriorate. Started off with the fuel pump, then I saw the condition of the TBI.....it was bad. Got that part all cleaned up and rebuilt, but my vacuum lines are fubar (the skinny ones with the boots).
Wondering if there was a kit to replace them all, or If its better to pick up a few feet of some vacuum tubing from Napa......

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
just pick up the diameter hose you need from the auto parts store.

Agreed. I broke one vacuum line went to the dealer and got the same replacement part for $14. For $20 I got a whole 25ft roll of rubber vacuum line at the auto store and I can fix any that brake

hefftone

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Are you guys replacing with the 1/4" OD hard plastic vaccum hose and reusing the factory boots, or replacing all of it with 1/4" ID hose??? All the 1/4" ID hose I've found feels like it will collapse.

94K1500KBAR

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just saw this thread. There was two different size vacuum lines on my truck. What sizes are they? Is one the 1/4" OD?

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Advance sells them, I just replaced some this weekend

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

94K1500KBAR

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Advance sells them, I just replaced some this weekend

I work at Summit Racing I can get it in colors like I want to for CHEAP. But I need the sizes. I dont want to walk into advance and ask for OE hose and then say "ok thanks im going to go buy it at summit"

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I work at Summit Racing I can get it in colors like I want to for CHEAP. But I need the sizes. I dont want to walk into advance and ask for OE hose and then say "ok thanks im going to go buy it at summit"

My 95 used 1/8 on the two lines I replaced