updates on the truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DAGEN

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for the compliment's and opinions guy's. I just ordered the rest of my bilstein 5150 shock's and chrome diff cover's front and rear and my buddy ordered and is painting up a stock gas door for me also. I'm planning on dropping it off to get the rear hitch situation fixed on the frame table and then also putting the bumper braket's in to raise it up. Does anyone know if that guy who made hitches for truck's with bodylift's still does it, and how to get ahold of him?

DAGEN

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I wanted to put some updates in my thread and get some opinion's. I'm going to put up a list of parts i ordered in the last week and want some opinion's about a few thing's.
- Tow mirrors like 97proshoz71
- stock gas door is at my buddies body shop being colormatched
- front bumper valence like the 2wd truck's, no hook holes, no light hole's, just solid.
- getting window's tinted with 4" front eyebrow across the windshiels
- the rest of the shocks to complete dual shock setup
- chrome front and rear diff cover's
- hitch getting straightened out and rear bumper being tucked up to stock gap.
- wheels spacer's for front and rear
- 4x4 setup with 4.88 gear's and grizlock in the rear axle.

Now my question is the truck is getting repainted and i'm on the edge of colormatching my tow mirrors and door handles, anyone have pics of the tow's colormatched on an obs?

DAGEN

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well i got a few more things crossed off the list and figured id post a few pic's.
- front valence on
- dual shock setup
I'm also looking for some input on how to mount my bumper light's in the pockets as the kit didnt come with a braket setup. just the light's.
Onto some pic's
You must be registered for see images attach

I'm also wishing my other parts would arrive!.

illinoisboy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looking good, I would keep the mirrors and handles black, but thats my opinion. I would also get some gap guards for the rear which i think would make it come a long way from the side.

DAGEN

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Forgot to add that to the list also. I have gap guards oredered for the rear but am still debating on the front as i am putting some longtubes on it when i do the 6.0 swap and want the chrome from them to be visible. Only thing is hear the chrome doesnt hold up very well because of heat.

DAGEN

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Added the tow mirrors and chrome diff cover's, also decided since im getting the stock gas door painted i bought a 2 inch cowl hood as well.
couple pic's.

Let me know your thoughts.

DAGEN

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks man! appreciate it. i also ordered a 2" cowl hood and my buddy is painting for me now. I'm hopping shell be ready by the weekend.