Update on my 11 blade clutch fan vs original 5 blade fan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

heavychevy98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The factory 11 blade must be a 98+ thing cuz all the 98 ups mentioned here plus mine have the 11 blade and when you go to the parts store and tell em it's for a 98 that's all they offer. Ill look and see if a 97 offers a 5 blade still. Here's mine btw
You must be registered for see images attach

Update-- A 97 only shows an 11 blade at the parts store so guess its just an upgrade deal for the store part

Last edited:

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The factory 11 blade must be a 98+ thing cuz all the 98 ups mentioned here plus mine have the 11 blade and when you go to the parts store and tell em it's for a 98 that's all they offer. Ill look and see if a 97 offers a 5 blade still. Here's mine btw

Update-- A 97 only shows an 11 blade at the parts store so guess its just an upgrade deal for the store part

My 'Burb has one and it's an 04/97 production date.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
With a 350 TBI (95) what is needed to do this? And does this cool alot better? Been debating efans

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
Heres the 11 blade s10 fan on my 94. It is not easy to get on because of very little room to get the nuts on.

This is how the fan clutch mounts on a tbi motor.

Not much clearance when installing it.

I actually had to take the belt off to let the pulley wobble around for clearance to get my hands in there but here it is on there

now all i need is a lower fan shroud since im a retard and ordered the wrong size!!! :nono:

With a 350 TBI (95) what is needed to do this? And does this cool alot better? Been debating efans

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk
It fits from a 94 s10

It should cool better and get rid of the helicopter sound. Also run a 160-180 degree t stat.

Chewy1576

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I recently put one of the S-10 fans on my '90 K2500 350. Works great and is definitely a lot more quiet than the old steel 5 blade.

SLmateo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just got one from napa (5 to 11 blade) for the Texas summer ac. Bolting on tomorrow. Nice info.

superj

Reaction score
this is now going on my truck list. you can feel a huge difference in power when that loud original fan and clutch are cooling versus when not. like sitting in the drive through line and then leaving the parking lot. does it help with the power loss when the clutch is engaged? probably not, just the noise levels?

SLmateo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My understanding is better flow means is won't kick on high as long thus a shorter amount of power loss "time" vs a 5 blade that kicks in and has to run longer to cool the same.

Bolting on next week. I'm lazy and exhaust shop tomorrow :)