unloading torsion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lucky Cat

Reaction score
Ok i did some searching on this site and couldnt find any info so ill ask...im getting ready to install a 4"+ lift on my sub and not sure how to unload the torsions, do i need to buy the tool or is there some other way to do it? also is there a kit for lowering the exhaust pipe to clear the front drive shaft i cant find one on ebay except the thorley kit for $325...thanks

asau

Reaction score
to unload the torsion bars just spray some wd40 at the bolts holding the torsion keys and at the keys. Then just jack up either side untill the tire is off the ground. With the tire off the ground there is no tension on the torsion bar so remove the bolt holding the key, now lower suspersion and raise opposite side taking the tire off the ground and remove the bolt holding the key. Lower jack and remove the bolts holding the crossmember that the torsion bars go into. Use a hammer and hit crossmember toward the rear until it slides away from the torsionbars. Swap to desired keys and reinstall

97k1500z71

Reaction score
to unload the torsion bars just spray some wd40 at the bolts holding the torsion keys and at the keys. Then just jack up either side untill the tire is off the ground. With the tire off the ground there is no tension on the torsion bar so remove the bolt holding the key, now lower suspersion and raise opposite side taking the tire off the ground and remove the bolt holding the key. Lower jack and remove the bolts holding the crossmember that the torsion bars go into. Use a hammer and hit crossmember toward the rear until it slides away from the torsionbars. Swap to desired keys and reinstall

X2 make sure you measure bolts to ensure stock ride quality