Unknown Unplugged Wire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Michael Moore

Reaction score
I recently found this wire that is unplugged behind the distributor. By looking at it seems it's been unplugged for a while. I can't find anywhere for it to plug into. Could anybody tell me what it might be? I tried to take the best pictures that I could.

You must be registered for see images attach

chipskittles

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What year is your truck? My 94 has a similar plug up closer to the MAP sensor but it's a two prong plug that would take a male weatherpack connector. Don't know what it is either. Sorry I can't be of more help.

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
Does your truck have a tachometer? If not, it could be for a factory tach that was never hooked up. Its in the right spot for that.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is it a tan wire? It is in the correct location for the est wire for setting base timing of the engine. As I recall it is a tan wire with a black stripe.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
I think some of those trucks have an extra wire for an 02 sensor if it had the option. I believe @Dylan1991_1500 's truck has the same plug open, and his is also a 91

Dylan1991_1500

Long Bed Owner
Reaction score
Yeh, I believe that is an o2 sensor wire. Most likely your truck was switched to a heated 3 wire o2 sensor so it no longer uses the 1 wire sensor.

Michael Moore

Reaction score
Is it a tan wire? It is in the correct location for the est wire for setting base timing of the engine. As I recall it is a tan wire with a black stripe.
No. I know it's not that wire because I know where it is. It's to the left of this picture.