Unhooked parts in my engine bay.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yep ∆ what he said. Also there is a tag on the radiator cover that has vacuum and catalyst hose routing as shown in photo 4 of " 98 1500 sub " engine bay photo.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Any idea how to get those factory clips off? I tried with no luck.
Push on one side of the clip and pull the line off. Here’s the clip on a newer truck, skip to about 0:35

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

r32flow

Reaction score
Thank you so much!!!! I would have broken it easily. I need to get some vacuum line the right size to make the repair.

The solenoid doesn't seem to be leaking. But I will replace it soon.

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can use bulk vacuum hose of the right ID. It won't have the test port in it but it will make the charcoal canister functional again.

r32flow

Reaction score
Definitely. That's the plan. I don't have emissions in my county. So it's not crucial, but I hate looking at it. Also I'm chasing a rough idle, so I'm trying to fix everything I can.

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Definitely. That's the plan. I don't have emissions in my county. So it's not crucial, but I hate looking at it. Also I'm chasing a rough idle, so I'm trying to fix everything I can.
Not sure that will fix your rough idle. May want to spray some carb cleaner around all joints of the intake. First shoot a little into the intake air stream to see if it smooths the idle. If it does then start going around the joints and along the rails where the intake meets the heads. EGR valve sticking or jammed open with carbon will cause a rough idle too.

r32flow

Reaction score
I did that yesterday. I was looking for vacuum leaks. Found that my EGR had a leak around the gasket. I just replaced it, so I guess I didn't tighten it enough.

I've replaced so many parts and sensors trying to smooth this idle. I've come to the conclusion it has to be the spider injection. What's very strange is I get misfires at idle in park and when stopped in drive. But while driving all my misfires go to 0. It blows my mind.

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sure sounds like a vacuum leak. There is one area you can't get to to check for a leak and that's the underside of the intake rails. I'm guessing you've checked your PCV valve and hose?