Tying 2 Link together the old school way.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

laidbackbigun

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've been under the truck looking here recently. playing with it in my mind. i can see how it would (the cross bar) provide structural strength to it to keep it from the sway, i think i'm going to try it and do a shake down run, if it doesn't work weld on the panhard bar and hope for the best. i just don't like the idea of my wheels possibly coming into contact with bedside. and yes i know there are better options out there so lets not beat that dead horse.

Reaction score
I honestly don't see how it'd allow it to move towards the fender, aside from whatever play would be allowed by the bushings. You will lose a great amount of ability to make the truck lay side to side and being a solid axle locked in at both ends will make it a stiffer setup than bag on axle. Airing up either rear bag will try to lift both sides at once. Not saying that in a bad way, but more for a heads up for the direction your going. Personally I'm not for nor against it. Tons of people do it, tons of others dislike it. To each their own...

laidbackbigun

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i got to do sides with my sonoma before i body dropped it, got over the playing with it real quick ha. I have the rear bags t'd with 3/8 line anyways so i can't control side to side. i was talking about the side to side by the panhard bar arc of travel. looking at the tie bar and envisioning it has me believing that it should work, and it worked for a reputable company for many years. i just personally never had one so i couldn't judge it. i have had some bad experiences with improper setups like reverse mount links and even rode around with a guy in a mazda that had chopped a leaf spring in half to use as links. you would hit the brakes in it and the hold rear end would literally wrap up and shudder so bad it would ruin a bottle of coke. for a cool parking lot cruiser and sunny weather daily i think this will work. Better believe i will post results up weither good or bad. Thanks for the input guys.

Reaction score
I honestly don't see how it'd allow it to move towards the fender, aside from whatever play would be allowed by the bushings. You will lose a great amount of ability to make the truck lay side to side and being a solid axle locked in at both ends will make it a stiffer setup than bag on axle. Airing up either rear bag will try to lift both sides at once. Not saying that in a bad way, but more for a heads up for the direction your going. Personally I'm not for nor against it. Tons of people do it, tons of others dislike it. To each their own...
Hello, I have a few questions to ask you about SMC repair. I found your name and a answer you posted on this site. Would you be willing to talk to me.
Thanks,
Cheryl

laidbackbigun

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Okay so without some major fab work i couldn't find a way to just tie the 2 link bars together and avoid things like gas tank, differential, or shocks. The amount of work it would have caused negated any possible help it would have been vs. a panhard bar. so i just went and put the panhard on and have very little side to side movement with it. Thanks for all those who had any input.