Turndowns

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why is it every thread you reply in you seem to derail somehow? who cares that ford had a recall on trucks with side exit exhaust, this thread was about OP wanting to put turn downs on, sheesh.

QUOTE]

Don't blame Tempted it was my fault for ford being brought up

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i dont like the looks of tips either... but to be legal i have to have it out the back so im going to redo it maybe. to dual exhaust is played out. every truck around here has duals out the back or side. im going to do a single with my stock tail pipe when i redo and it should be loud still. i like loud but not like straight pipe loud and no cats with 4inch tips. to me it has no tone really. i liked my exhaust with just cat and dumped with 3.5 inch tip i could rev it up and it would crackle and pop. sounded badass and all my buddys said you could hear me leaving for a whil ee ahha

BadBowtie 98

BOWTIE TILL I DIE
Reaction score
I cut them off after the rear axle sounds a lot louder at idle. There not angled to the ground yet, so will they most likely get louder when i angle them to the ground? Looks a lot cleaner without pipes coming out the back IMO

Also does anyone have pics of there turn downs just so i can see.

BadBowtie 98

BOWTIE TILL I DIE
Reaction score
Why is it every thread you reply in you seem to derail somehow? who cares that ford had a recall on trucks with side exit exhaust, this thread was about OP wanting to put turn downs on, sheesh.

QUOTE]

Don't blame Tempted it was my fault for ford being brought up

Yea, looking back i see that, Sorry.[/QUOTE

Don't worry about it man, any thread i start which ends in us dissing ford is a WIN in my book :smile:

Tempted

Banned
Reaction score
Great, that mean I can slam the 5.4 3v motor again? I really can't explain how stupidly moronic the head design is.

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score
my truck has a farm bumper on it (how the bumper helps with farming I still don't get but you know what i'm talking about) and the pipes (no tips) are just outboard of the hitch. Its the only place that really makes sense to me.

As was pointed out, technically the tailpipes do need to clear the body of the vehicle to be legal in most states, not that many cops will hassle you over it.