Turn signal switch replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

loom383

Reaction score
The flasher button on my 95 gmc sierra broke the other day. I picked up a steering column with a turn signal switch in it. The one in my truck has cruise control but the one i picked up does not. Is it possible to remove the flasher button and replace it with the one on my truck? or is it possible to just install that switch w/ cruise in my truck and run the cruise control on a separate button? Any help would be great!

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Earlier trucks, cruise was part of the stalk and the turn signal mechanism was seperate in the column. The stalk just plugged in to it.

Later years it was an assembly.

95 was a transition year so I'm not sure which it has....

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Looks like you're hooped:

You must be registered for see images

That's what rock auto lists for the 95 models.

That makes it look like you have to change out the whole assembly....

loom383

Reaction score
Looks like you're hooped:

You must be registered for see images

That's what rock auto lists for the 95 models.

That makes it look like you have to change out the whole assembly....

Yea that is the switch. I was wondering if i do use that switch can I run a separate button for cruise control?

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Yea that is the switch. I was wondering if i do use that switch can I run a separate button for cruise control?

Nope.

Cruise switch is different than a regular switch inside. It has multiple contacts and is not a simple "on/off" dealeo.......

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
The flasher button on my 95 gmc sierra broke the other day. I picked up a steering column with a turn signal switch in it. The one in my truck has cruise control but the one i picked up does not. Is it possible to remove the flasher button and replace it with the one on my truck? or is it possible to just install that switch w/ cruise in my truck and run the cruise control on a separate button? Any help would be great!

what do you mean the button broke? it snapped off or the hazards just dont flash?, its common for the 95+ to get dirty contacts and only work if the button while activated to only work while you push it towards the dash, contact cleaner sprayed inside may fix that, i was going to do that with mine

norad848

Reaction score
My truck is a 96 GMC 1500. My hazard switch only works when you press it with a lot of force and hold it. Even then it doesn't always stay in contact. When I does make contact, only one side of the hazards are indicated on the cluster, and are flashing outside.

I'm thinking I've gotta replace the whole switch. Is anyway to take it off without taking the whole column apart? In other words, what's the easiest way to go about doing the job?