turn signal stalk replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

un4givn85

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
hey guys
i tried searching for this, but came up with jack
what is the best method for pulling the steering wheel and opening the column on a 93 to change out the turn signal stalk?
maybe a write-up somewhere?

un4givn85

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yes it has cruise
i thought it looked like it might just pull out, but the cruise wire is there, so yea, lol

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
Just have to pull the wheel. Its not fun to have to fish the wires thru there, they plug up under the dash.

un4givn85

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
does the column cover come off at all?
how about removing the wheel? i dont feel any screws behind it, does the horn section just pop off and the main bolt is there?

98_k1500

Reaction score
No column cover. the horn button just pulls off and unplugs, your steering wheel nut is behind that. After that, you will need a steering wheel puller. Get a good stalk before you start. Cut the wires off the old one, and pull the stalk out. Use the old wire to pull the new one thru the column and out the bottom. Be gentle and keep wiggling it, it will go.

un4givn85

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ok
thanks for the tips
i have the new stalk already

98_k1500

Reaction score
No prob, i don't remember if the turn signal cams have to come out for this on these trucks or not. If they do, its just a few screws and they will move out of the way.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Don't even need to pull the wheel.

Disconnect the cruise wiring under the dash; black jacketed (looks like old telephone cord) wire with a bright orange end plugs into a small connector usually clipped to the metal support under the dash on the driver's side area by the trim under the column. Hook a good length (couple feet longer than the inside portion of the column) of thin mechanic's wire through the hole in the connector. Pull the lever straight out of the column, CAREFULLY, then slowly work the cruise wire up through the column, feeding the mechanic's wire along with it. Once out, transfer the mechanic's wire to the new connector and work it back down through the column.

Richard

un4givn85

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
cool
ill try that tonight
will a new stalk fix my work-when-they-want wipers?
either way i want to replace it as i cant read anything on the one i have and i already spent the whopping 6 bucks on new one lol