Turn down exhaust.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chevyman0191

OBS till I die
Reaction score
Right now i have true duels out the corner of the bumper, i cant keep tips clean and really starting to look rough. Im thinking bout doing 3 inch piping from the muffler to the corner but turned down with no tips. anyone done this? sound good? thanks Mike

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have ran my exhaust's like that for year's and I like the sound of it. I am not a fan of tip's.

big_mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just got my Thrush muffler welded in place of my stock muffler with turn downs right off the muffler. I love the sound. Its not crazy loud but has a nice rumble inside the truck. There is some drone but to me it made the truck sound more like a truck, LOL.

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
I just got my Thrush muffler welded in place of my stock muffler with turn downs right off the muffler. I love the sound. Its not crazy loud but has a nice rumble inside the truck. There is some drone but to me it made the truck sound more like a truck, LOL.

Ironic, i was looking on summit at those earlier today. Do you have a cat, and which exact muffler are you running?

big_mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I went with the 17637, its the dual in/dual out muffler. I just had it put in place of the stock muffler, no other exhaust modifications yet. I'm thinking about deleting the rear O2's & cats after I get the 411 PCM swap done this spring.

big_mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes, stock 97 exhaust is separate until it passes through the stock muffler. This is a direct replacement muffler for 96-98 trucks.

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
Havent seen the exhaust turned down out at the corners but mine is dumped at the rear axle and it sounds pretty good. I just have a cheap muffler from the local parts store right now.