Tune Up Time

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Are AC Delco plugs a good choice? I ask because I came from Yotatech and factory Toyota parts are always preferred. When I got another 88-98 Chevy I assumed AC Delco was always the best choice for stock applications. Then I found out AC Delco is more of a name that is licensed than true OEM replacement parts--in some case, anyway.

Bottom line, people here seem to like AC Delco plugs, so is it safe to say the plugs are a good choice, and I need to be careful with other AC Delco parts?

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I run factory recommended AC Delco plugs in both of my trucks, same goes for the rest of the electrical system. Honestly I use AC Delco parts pretty much whenever possible and have great luck with them.

superdave

Proud NOOA Member
Reaction score
You guys realize that GM owns ACDelco and they probably have a financial reason for recommending ACDelco parts, don't you?

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Realize it? Yes. Think they probably know what they're doing considering they built the vehicles the parts go onto AND the parts themselves? Yes.

thunderstruck

Babuinos Móviles
Reaction score
Realize it? Yes. Think they probably know what they're doing considering they built the vehicles the parts go onto AND the parts themselves? Yes.

Wat? Little of AC Delco parts these days are made by GM or the OEM. Most often from what I've seen the parts are produced by Delphi, Denso, Standard Motor Products, or etc., rebranded as AC Delco, and often sold at a higher price.

With that said, at least for these trucks, AC Delco parts are always at the higher-end of quality, although you will probably be paying more than you should simply because of the name.

Sent from my Nintendo 64

superdave

Proud NOOA Member
Reaction score
So you guys don't think Chevy would recommend ACDelco parts because those put money in GMs pocket?

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Wat? Little of AC Delco parts these days are made by GM or the OEM. Most often from what I've seen the parts are produced by Delphi, Denso, Standard Motor Products, or etc., rebranded as AC Delco, and often sold at a higher price.

With that said, at least for these trucks, AC Delco parts are always at the higher-end of quality, although you will probably be paying more than you should simply because of the name.

Truth about the rebranding these days, however AC Delco is still about the closest you can come to GM manufactured parts. Also truth in regards to paying more for the name. Certain things in life I don't mind doing that with, though. My trucks are one of them.

So you guys don't think Chevy would recommend ACDelco parts because those put money in GMs pocket?

Oh of course that has something to do with it. I wasn't trying to say there's no connection there, just stating my opinion that you're still paying for a certain level of quality you might not get with other brands.