true bolt on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

So broke

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
what are people using to bolt on their exhaust? im talking about which pipes? i have heard about flex pipes but which flex pipe?

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why are you needing to have a flex pipe on your exhaust? Temporary fix at the most I hope:uhoh2:

So broke

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
60 miles to drive to where i can get it welded p thru officer friendlyland. i won't get very far with open headers.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Exhaust clamps. Why do you have open headers if you don't know simple exhaust things? Putting tempo exhaust on is just as easy as cutting the old stuff away.

So broke

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
because i had no idea what issues i would have get a simple y pipe built. and i have not put on the headers on as of yet. i put on lots of headers but never an exhaust. people say a lot of stuff is easy. as for clamps when i look it up there are 5 or 6 types. you state things like i should already know. but i don't that's why i asked the ?. so i need to know how with which clamps then which pipe do these clamps hold together the same size pipes?

Z71Sierra

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just pick up some flex pipe the same dimension as the stock pipe. Get the regular old exhaust clamps and clamp it on. What are you planning on doing? Just clamping flex pipe to the headers isn't gonna quite it down enough to get past the fuzz. The only thing that is gonna do that is a muffler.

If I am understanding the situation right, I would just run the open headers to the shop. If you get pulled over explain that you're going straight from your house to the exhaust shop. Cops give fix it tickets for that kinda thing anyway.

Edit - Proofread your posts before you post them. People are more likely to help you if they can clearly understand what you are asking without getting a headache.