Truck Studdering

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rcman989

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It only happens at 45-55 mph and only occurs when slowly accelerating. If you punch the gas it will not studder at all. Any more thoughts on what this is? I don't want to take it in to have the distributor gear fixed then it be the torque converter.

Gatorboy

You can keep your import.
Reaction score
I honestly think its the distributor gear. All the symptoms add up to it. It only happens when your at around 1200-1500 rpms? Slowly accelerating to make a hill or pass another vehicle?

Gatorboy

Reaction score
It's smarter for you to replace the cheap part first than to dive into transmission work when it may not even be the cause. I've made that mistake before, got a new torque converter and flex plate when I didn't even need them.

rcman989

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Took it up to the repair shop and having them look at it. Probably gonna have them do the distributor, since it is the cheaper initial fix. Hopefully its not the torque converter

rcman989

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well got it back, after them replacing the cap and rotor, it is still studdering. They tell me it is bad spark plugs. They say they don't trust Bosch Spark Plugs and if I put AC Delco plugs in it it will run fine and not studder...

Gatorboy

Reaction score
Always use ac delco plugs or ngk for our motors. It's possible that could cause shutter if its causing a misfire.

rcman989

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Spark plugs. I am returning the Bosch spark plugs because they are still under warranty. They actually no longer make that type of plug anymore and I have a pretty good feeling I know why, because they do not work

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeraldinmendez