Truck shaking when on gas sounds like exhaust help!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iEnding

Georgia Boy
Reaction score
I was stopping at a red light Tonight and next thing I know my truck starting shaking a little I ignored it at first then when the light turned green it started it up again so I hit the gas a little harder and same effect! A little shaking. Then I heard it!!! Puff puff puff puffpuffpuffpuffpuff the more I hit the gas the more of an exhaust leak it sounded like but would that cause my truck to slightly shake?
Could it be o2 sensor busted or something? By the way I have no cats!

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
the putputputputput could be a manifold gasket or something- our suburban does that. As for the shaking.... I don't know.... can you be more descriptive perhaps? What is shaking and where do you think it is coming from?

iEnding

Georgia Boy
Reaction score
The puff puff is coming from passenger side and the shaking is coming from the same spot it feels.
It all started at the same time like as soon as I heard the puffing it started shaking then when I got up under the truck it seemed to be coming from the passenger side as well.
Sounds like it's coming from where my catylic converter should be.

iEnding

Georgia Boy
Reaction score
The shaking is very slight as well but it's enough for you to feel.

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
Have you looked at it yet? It is possible that pipe/clamps slipped off or broke or cracked. And make sure your manifold is tight, in case some mounting bolts broke.

Your exhaust might be rusted through or the hangers broke.

Have you looked in the engine bay/under the truck while it is running? I'd try that if you haven't, might help locate the sound.

iEnding

Georgia Boy
Reaction score
I let it run and got my brother to hit the gas a few times and it's definitely on the passenger side. I guess I'll let it cool down a little then go look under the hood

iEnding

Georgia Boy
Reaction score
Found it!

You must be registered for see images attach

iEnding

Georgia Boy
Reaction score
yeah now it's gonna be tightening that bolt or trying to get a broken bolt out

iEnding

Georgia Boy
Reaction score
So I replaced the gasket and it seemed to help a little but I guess not enough to stop the shaking in 3rd gear at 1500 rpm. It's like backpressure kicks in and it won't go anywhere til I almost floor it. ANY SUGGESTIONS?
Tighter on the bolts?
Another gasket?
ANYTHING???