Truck running like poop !!!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Just for ***** and giggles do an ECM/IAC re-learn...
1) remove negative battery cable
2) wait a couple of minutes
3) re-hook battery cable
4) jump a-b terminals with paper clip under dash and leave it in
5) turn key to run (don't crank), leave there for a couple mins
6) ten key off, remove key and wait a minute

Then crank her up, she'll run like **** most likely for a few minutes, do some driving and some ignition cycling (turning off and on).

You should do this every time you touch the IAC, and replace the O2.

chevydude1608

Reaction score
ive been trying to fix a rough idle condition on my 98 aswell. Have replaced timing chain an gears, crank position sensor, distributor, plugs, put the updated spider injector kit in, and a fuel pump. And all id did was went from random missfire to cylinder 3 missfire so I will be checking for spark tom. I just don't know what it could be though after replacing everything. I didn't do the plug wires because they look and feel good but I'm gonna kick myself if thats what it ends up being after all this. My gf thought i was gonna burn it down in the parking lot earlier until i saw the check engine light was on again.

cdubb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have discussed the blowing up of the damn thing too ....... but I keep telling myself its cheaper than a payment. I have been scared my new computer would learn the crap thats going on so I thank you Chris for that info. I cant do any more till friday due to 12 hour shifts and no more play money till pay day. ( Wife gets mad when I get into her budget lol )... but as of right now its worse than when I started. I dont think I got the throttle body put back together right..