Truck runs ok for two days then like crap again out of nowhere

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rhonda1994

Reaction score
My 1994 k1500 5.7 and I have been fighting for the last few weeks. As she will run like **** and then I’ll touch one thing and she’ll be better for a few days then go right back to running like crap. She was okay back in February after got her back from the shop for a wiring issue. I sent her back to the sho because I didn’t like how low her life was and they replaced her distributor and messed with the tbi screw. I got her back and she ran rough because dude didn’t tighten down her distributor and she untimed herself. I had her retimed and she was ok for a few days before started to run rough again. My friend and I found a cracked vacuum like and put a cap over it and she was okay for two days. I went to start her to move her this morning because of a bad storm coming and she’s running like crap again and her brake warning light is flickering again. What should I look at. I love this truck and I refuse to get rid of it.

docstoy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Do you remember what was done on your last thread ? Maybe we could touch on that first and go from there

docstoy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Your last thread was about low idle speed think it's 3 pages over in threads . So what tools do you have ? Do you have access to a scanner ? Describe your problem in detail, and tell us again what year truck and power train.