Truck running like poop !!!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cdubb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey guys Im having problems. My truck idles really rough and when I put it in drive or reverse and hold the brake it gets real bad. I have replaced plugs, wires, cap, rotor, pcv. I sprayed brake cleaner around all vacum lines checking for vac leak. Then got a scanner it said could not connet to ecm sooo I replaced the ecm with a new reman. and nothing has changed.. Any info would be great ...... plugs looked a little white (like a lean condition 3 an 5 being the worst). Im about to replace injectors because I cant think of anything else (and I have a set on the shelf). :banghead:

Thanks C.W.

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
If you cant connect to the ecm for some reason, just replace the front o2 sensors and see where that gets you, Bosch ones are like 52 bucks a piece.

xredge

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've been running rough isssues down with mine, like my idle dropping once its warmed up and would get so rough you could really feel it. Also if raining or once warmed up would sometimes fall on its face sometimes backfire and then take off. I replaced the O2, Coolant sensors, wires, plugs, cap, rotor, pvc with no help and noticed the dizzy was pretty rusty I cleaned it up but figured I would replace it also, but haven't gotten to that yet.

But I just replaced my coil and that seems so far to have done the trick, it is now idling smooth and seems the other issue so far went away. Still have plans on replacing the dizzy.

454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i got o2 sensors at autozone for around 40, check egr valve.

cdubb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sorry guys its a 94 ... Im going to get an o2 sensor in the morn... Injectors and fuel pressure spring ( just because it came in the gasket kit for the injectors). did nothing .. coolant temp sensor nothing Im ging to remove and block off the egr in the morn also... thanks for the tips. C.W.

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Have you checked/cleaned/ and or replaced the IAC valve?

How is the fuel filter?

WHat is base timing with ECT wire unhooked?

cdubb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
code 12...... filter is new forgot to list that . have not checked iac ..or timing I will try that thanks ..... C.W.