Truck is missing and popping. HELP PLZ!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

92GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ok got the money up for a full tune up so i bought all the parts. i havnt got them installed yet but i can see my intake gasket leaking. would an intake gasket leaking antifreeze into the motor cause it to pop and sputter? i figured it would because it would be just like having water in the gas. so i had to cough up some more money to get an intake gasket, even if thats not the problem it still needs replaced.

USAF_Slacker

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
just depends if its leaking into the heads or just out the top. it might just need a tune up. whens the last time the truck actually had one?

92GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
looks like to me it has the factory ac-delco plugs in it. im gonna pull the plugs tommarow and see if there corroded. if not i prolly wont worry about the intake gasket leaking from the top. coolant is still full and it just has one little tiny puddle on top. i just need this truck running asap. im getting ready to go to take my GED test and go to college and dont have anything else to drive.

USAF_Slacker

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
my obs has a leak from the top end and it runs fine minus the fact i need to change a few parts. this spring the heads and intake and cam will be replaced so im not worried about a little leak. I did a tune up (rotor, cap, plugs, wires, air filter, oil change, fuel filter) for $120 and it seems to run a lot better.

92GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
cool. i think im gonna tune it up for now. the truck isnt getting sold anytime soon unless someone shows me about 4000 cash. This summer the motor is getting tore down. Prolly gonna regasket everything put a small cam in, new rings an bearings and throw it back together. So im hoping the intake gasket will hold untill then.

USAF_Slacker

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
i understand that. and im sure it will. just dont ride it to hard. Dont use degreaser!! itll tear that hole bigger and youll have more of a problem. been there and i regret doing it!!

92GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
driving it hard is what caused it to mess up. I always say it will end one of two ways. it will hold up or blow up.

USAF_Slacker

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
haha yeah, i put my foot into it more than i should. probably not the best but sometimes i need that 16 year old smile again

92GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
hey man age aint nothing but a number. when i use to go mudding all the time everyone always told everybody before they hit the hole. theyd say go hard or go home.