Truck bumper fitting a suburban ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was planning too just didn’t know what i needed exactly.
Grade 8 hardware. Flange head bolt, washers, big enough to fit through the holes in the frame. Doesn’t have to be anything crazy. Got a hardware store local to you?

97Kharon

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Grade 8 hardware. Flange head bolt, washers, big enough to fit through the holes in the frame. Doesn’t have to be anything crazy. Got a hardware store local to you?
Unfortunately after finding and reading the installation pdf i’ve discovered the grille guard has brackets that mount onto the vehicle which the seller doesn't have.

Attachments

• IMG_2139.png
    IMG_2139.png
    354.9 KB · Views: 9

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That bumper isn't structural and shouldn't be used for applying force to anything. I'd go to Tractor Supply and guy Grade 5 hardware by the pound. If it were sturdier, or had an incorporated receiver I'd go for Grade 8, which they also sell by the pound.

Reaction score
Hello everybody, I came across a 90’s bumper with grille guard attached for sale the sale said it came off a Chevy truck. My question is would it fit on my suburban? It looks merely identical to the bumper on the suburban. Thought i’ll ask before I buy
Hello everybody, I came across a 90’s bumper with grille guard attached for sale the sale said it came off a Chevy truck. My question is would it fit on my suburban? It looks merely identical to the bumper on the suburban. Thought i’ll ask before I buy it.
You must be registered for see images attach
That is a 90’s Ford F250 or F350 diesel bumper, that's not a chevy. The back side of the bumper is slanted and those 90’s ford bumpers were made that way. Keep searching for a bumper, if you got this 1 you would have a lot of fabrication to do to make it fit properly.