Trouble posting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nightowl3130

Reaction score
I try to respond to others with help, and sometimes attach pics of what i'm responding to. This sites always responds "Oops, we ran into some trouble." Is this me, or a glitch..

Road Trip

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I try to respond to others with help, and sometimes attach pics of what i'm responding to. This sites always responds "Oops, we ran into some trouble." Is this me, or a glitch..

I've run into similar snafus, mostly when trying to respond. Especially if during my reply was I jumping
around trying to add links to other threads. Before I figured out what was going on this was a bit
frustrating and I was blaming the site itself?

1) For me (Firefox web browser on top of a Windows 10 laptop) I minimized the occurrences of this
by performing the "Reload current page" (circle arrow) whenever I got that error message. Seems that
if I wander about in the course of replying to something I run would afoul of stale local cache pages vs
what I had written already?

2) Step #1 made things better, but didn't completely cure this issue. My ultimate work-around
is to run 2 tabs. The first is my reply tab (which I never leave) ...while I use the 2nd tab to search
around the GMT400 forum for quotes/links/etc.

The method in step #2 seems to work flawlessly, at least for me in my environment. FWIW, I tried to
figure out all the times the forum worked perfectly vs the times that I'd get the errors you mentioned,
and this is what led me to this approach. For the most part, the GMT400 forum seems like a steady,
solid performer, and again I seemed to be running afoul of a local page caching issue.

Don't know how well this maps to your situation. Hopefully it helps, and I for one
would be interested in what you discover. (Or what others in here have figured out for themselves.)

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This sites always responds "Oops, we ran into some trouble." Is this me, or a glitch..
I had this happen to me yesterday for the 1st time. I wonder if this site changed its security system.

What I did was remove the "https://" and used "www." Try it and let us know if it works.

nightowl3130

Reaction score
I've run into similar snafus, mostly when trying to respond. Especially if during my reply was I jumping
around trying to add links to other threads. Before I figured out what was going on this was a bit
frustrating and I was blaming the site itself?

1) For me (Firefox web browser on top of a Windows 10 laptop) I minimized the occurrences of this
by performing the "Reload current page" (circle arrow) whenever I got that error message. Seems that
if I wander about in the course of replying to something I run would afoul of stale local cache pages vs
what I had written already?

2) Step #1 made things better, but didn't completely cure this issue. My ultimate work-around
is to run 2 tabs. The first is my reply tab (which I never leave) ...while I use the 2nd tab to search
around the GMT400 forum for quotes/links/etc.

The method in step #2 seems to work flawlessly, at least for me in my environment. FWIW, I tried to
figure out all the times the forum worked perfectly vs the times that I'd get the errors you mentioned,
and this is what led me to this approach. For the most part, the GMT400 forum seems like a steady,
solid performer, and again I seemed to be running afoul of a local page caching issue.

Don't know how well this maps to your situation. Hopefully it helps, and I for one
would be interested in what you discover. (Or what others in here have figured out for themselves.)
I can usually resp with txt. It's when I add a pic. Ths for the insite, & will try this soon. This prob was on android, gonna try on laptop..